Saturday, February 12, 2011

Just your standard street fight between a cop and an eldritch horror


Done for figure drawing class to give the teacher an idea of what we can do. It had to incorporate the human figure in some way, otherwise it was completely open.

I'm not too proud of the cop because I don't feel like the way the arm's bent looks too realistic, nor does the face under it. And I'm not too keen on the shading of the girl's arm. For me what shines is the monster in this piece, as does most of my work. This is also the first time I've tried to draw hair highlights on the computer.

Originally I was going to make it one of the Elder Things from H. P. Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness" but I couldn't figure out how to fit one in the composition, so I just opted for some random tentacles. Maybe one day I'll draw the creature these are attched to if I come up with a good design.

No comments:

Post a Comment